Digital Signs V1 Documentation
These are the ODOT monitored / controlled electronic signs which overhang or appear along major highways in many Ohio metropolitan areas.
The signs are typically used to display information about traffic conditions, travel times, construction, and road incidents.
Travel time information is the default message that appears on a DMS daily from 5:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.
These signs come in three main types.
Travel Times: Number of minutes to a specific exit or destination.
Message Boards: Signs may hold a multitude of messages from construction to important road news.
Slow Traffic: Indicates slow traffic and the delay duration.
Resource accepts all default Filters
Digital signs resource also has special Filters for returning signs of a specific type.
For an example of how to call this resource, see Swagger details.
What is a Link?
Digital Sign represents an ODOT monitored digital sign and its messages
- Links ( Array[Link] ) Links related to the current item
- Id ( String ) Unique Identifier
- Latitude ( Double ) The angular distance of a place north or south of the earth's equator
- Longitude ( Double ) The angular distance of a place east or west of the meridian at Greenwich, England
- Location ( String ) Digital sign road or intersection
- Description ( String ) Digital sign type description
- SignTypeName ( String ) Digital sign type.
- Messages ( Array[Message] ) Sign message displayed. Some signs have multiple messages that change on a timer.