Thank you for using the OHGO API.
The Service is owned or controlled by ODOT (Ohio Department of Transportation) for the general use of the public.
Please carefully read the terms of service below as they contain important information regarding your legal rights, obligations, and limitations.
By accessing and using or API you are agreeing to the terms below.
Account and Registration
- The OHGO API is provided as a free service with some stipulations to prevent abuse.
- In order to use the API you must register for and use a unique identifier (An API Key) with every request sent to the API.
- The API Key allows us to track when and how our API is used and generally how many distinct users or user groups we have.
- This information will be used to determine, overall interest in the data we are providing, growth of our servers based on the level of use, performance metrics for the API and other determining factors we may use to improve the user experience.
- For more information about the registration process see the Registration page
- You are solely responsible for protecting your own account password and other account information. You may use a single API key across multiple users if you desire. Be aware that each key has a set limit on the number of requests you may send within a time frame. See Rate Limiting.
- Each user is provided a standard number of requests that are allowed within a specific time frame.
- For example we may allow 25 requests per second for a single API Key. (Subject to change)
- This limitation is at the discretion of ODOT and may be changed without notice.
- You may contact ODOT and request a higher threshold for your data access needs.
- Acceptance of any changes to the user specific thresholds will be at the sole discretion of ODOT.
- If would like to request a higher threshold please send an email to Support with a description of why.
Deactivation and Termination
- ODOT reserves the right to revoke or terminate your access to the API, without cause or prior notice.
- Common reasons including but not limited to:
- Excessive usage or Denial of Service attacks.
- Attempts bypass our security and gain access to information other than expressly provided by the API.
- Use the APIs to encourage or promote illegal activity or violation of third party rights.
- Failure to meet any other terms of conditions.
- By using the API you agree that ODOT may monitor your use of the API to ensure quality, improve products and services, and verify compliance with terms.
- API usage requires registration of a valid email address and password of your choosing, provided it meets our minimum security requirements.
- ODOT will never contact you regarding your account password information.
- Except as expressly set out in the terms, ODOT does not make any promises about the API, specific functions or reliability. We provide the API "AS IS".
- ODOT is not responsible for lost profits, revenues, or data; financial losses; or indirect special, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages.
ODOT may send you communications in connection to your use with our API, related to:
- New version updates and changes.
- In response to support questions or feedback.
- If you wish to provide feedback or suggestions about our API you may contact us at Feedback.
- If you are having issues with our API requests, registration, or limitations you may contact us at Support.